CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Update

For those of you who have asked here's a quick little update....

H1N1 really isn't all that fun, who would have known, UGH! Apparently that is what I had and a couple days later Alexa got it and now it looks like Braden is also joining in on all the fun.

Alexa has had a fever for about 48 hours now. We have not been able to break it but alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen per the doctor has been able to keep is just under 101 which has been good. Yesterday was pretty rough for her, she would go through periods when she would just lay on the couch shaking. It's so heart breaking, so hard seeing your baby like that. But the good thing is, although she still has a fever, she is doing much better today. Despite being so sick for the past 3 days she is in good spirits, such a happy little girl.

Braden started getting a fever yesterday and it has continued today. He has been coughing a lot but there hasn't been any other symptoms yet. We are praying that it doesn't get too bad for him since he is in the high risk category.

Other than that we're doing ok. I am finally starting to feel a little better myself. I am going crazy sitting in our house though! It is very rare that we go more than a day without going somewhere or doing something, so I think we all are feeling the cabin fever here. :) Matt stayed home on Thursday to help with the kids which was great. It's really hard to take care of two kids with the flu when you have it yourself! :) Let's just hope he doesn't catch it now, I think it would be a miracle at this point if he doesn't...but we can hope!

Anyway, thank you to everyone who has been asking about us, we appreciate it. We will all be back to normal soon! :)

15 comments:

Jen said...

Hang in there, it is rough. I will be prayig for all of you, esp. Braden! If you don't mind me asking, what makes him high risk? Hopefully Alexa is near the end of the fever, when Lauren and I had it, it was 3 days of the high fever. Be sure to keep us posted. Prayers going out for all of you. So glad your husband was able to stay home and help. Take care, lots of rest and fluids!

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh no...poor babies. I pray that everyone is back to normal & feeling 100% again soon.

Bethany said...

I've been praying for you all. If I was closer I'd drop food on your front porch and run, but I'll settle for praying that someone near you gets the nudge to do that.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I was going to email you this week.

Michelle M. said...

Your poor babies- and poor Mommy! I am glad that things are getting a little bit better.
I can understand your feeling about being stuck in the house. Today was the first day in two weeks that we left the house other than my taking the kids to the doctor and my going to the grocery store. I am ready for our life to start again :)

Mike and Katie said...

praying for your family!

PotterMama said...

praying you all feel better really soon!

Katrina said...

Oh Laura I'm so sorry! We've been so busy I haven't had much time to check Twitter updates or blogs. I'm praying you all start to feel better soon and hopefully Braden can steer clear of the flu altogether.

Amanda said...

Wow!! Tough stuff! Hoping you guys can get all better ASAP!!

I saw Audrey and Parker starting to get a little stomach issue this week... I took Parker off of sugar and starch immediately and that seemed to help alot. He never threw up and was all better within 24 hours!!

I'll be praying for you all-
Amanda

Jolene said...

I'll continue praying!!! We all need to have a healthy home so we can play!!!!

Carma Sez said...

Glad to hear you and Alexa are doing OK and hoping for a speedy recovery for Braden.

Does having it make you build up an immunity? If so, you'll hopefully be in good shape the rest of the winter!

Jen said...

Still praying for your family. Hope the fevers are down. Tonight my little one (she's 8)started running a fever of 101.5, cough, aches...ugh...

rachel said...

Oh Laura, I am so sorry!!! That sounds awful!!! I will pray for a speedy recovery for all!

Sonya said...

Man that sucks. I hope you all are better really soon and that Braden doesn't get it

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I hope everybody feels better soon!!!

Twincerely,Olga said...

I am sorry you all have been sick! Just found you and wanted to say hi! your family is just beautiful! I love your little girls res hair!!Like Mommy