CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Baby Girl

To my sweet Alexa,

I can't believe it has been 3 years since they laid that tiny baby girl on my tummy. You were so beautiful and so perfect and I couldn't stop myself from crying tears of joy. It seemed like we waited forever to meet you, and I can't even describe that moment when we finally did.

I remember after the nurses all left and Daddy was fast asleep on the couch, I held you close and couldn't stop touching your sweet tiny toes and kissing your adorable little cheeks. I promised you that I would love you more than anyone has ever loved another person. I didn't think it was even possible, but each day that passes that love grows more and more.

I had no idea that the simplest things that a little person does can make me so incredibly happy. The way you giggle, how you cup my face in your hands to kiss me, the silly faces you make, the sweet little way you say I love you mommy, and the way you make everything fun. The passion you have for life is so amazing. People comment all the time what a happy little girl you seem to be, and you truly are. I pray that you carry that love of life forever.

And now here you are 3 years old today. You have grown into an amazing little girl and I thank God every day for you. We called you baby girl when you were in my tummy and now even though you sometimes remind me that you are not a baby anymore, you will always be my baby girl. Only when you have your own children will you understand what you mean to me and your Daddy.

The last three years have been the best years of my life. And although I wish I could bottle you up everyday so that I never forget one single thing you said or did, I can't wait to watch you keep growing up. I can't wait until you go off to your first day of school, leave for the Prom, go to college, get married and have your own babies. I am so excited that I will get to be part of it all. Just don't grow up too fast! :)

So today on your birthday I just want to tell you how much we love you. The day you were born our lives were changed forever. You made me a Mommy and there's nothing better than that!

Love you forever baby girl,
Mommy

12 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Oh she is just so so cute. Her hair has grown like inches since the last picture you posted:) Cute shirt. Happy Birthday Alexa! May you have the bestest year ever!

Mrs. B said...

ok, i am seriously SOBBING right now. this was so unbelievably sweet! i felt all of those same things when mk was born and it's a tough thing to put into words, but this was SO beautifully written! way to go, mama and happy birthday, alexa!

Jen said...

Oh...what a beautiful baby, now a beautiful little girl. There is NOTHING like a birthday to bring back all those memories of that first day of life. What an awesome post, she will treasure reading this someday! She is very lucky to have you has her mommy. Enjoy every moment, they grow up WAY too fast! God's blessings to you and your family. Happy Birthday Alexa, who shares a birthday with my mom.

rachel said...

sooo sweet! happy birthday, alexa! beautifully written, L!

Katrina said...

That was so beautiful. Happy Birthday Alexa!

Amanda said...

Great tribute!! I twittered her happy bday...

Hope it was a wonderful day!

Blessings-
Amanda

TUPT said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXA! She is such a sweetie. They grow too fast =-/

Cindy Lou said...

Thank you.

Happy Birthday to your sweet baby girl. She's beautiful.♥

Stephanie said...

So so sweet! I just love those first moments with out sweet babies!!!!! Happy birthday to her!!! hope you all have a great day.

Carma Sez said...

Happy Birthday Alexa!! She always looks like such a happy kid. I bet that makes every day more joyful :D

Michelle M. said...

What a sweet post!

Happy birthday to your beautiful girl!!

Bethany said...

Happy belated birthday. Hope it was a wonderful day filled with great surprises. Praying that you will grow to be a woman after God's heart.


Laura, you are one blessed mama! She is one of the prettiest newborns I have ever seen. :)