CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Don't Forget Me

I feel so out of the loop right now. I am trying to get caught up on Facebook, Twitter, Blogger...I mean seriously, how did people live without the Internet!?! :) Anyway, it was such a busy week last week that I just didn't have time to do much else besides clean, take care of sick kids, clean, grocery shop, plan a birthday party, clean, go to the doctor, laundry, clean. There was a lot of cleaning going on. I love a clean house anyways (that does not mean it always is, I just like it like that) but after having all those germs around here I was in ultra cleaning mode. All you natural cleaning product lovers close your ears eyes - there was a lot of Lysol spraying going on around here! (P.S. I love natural cleaning products too, but sometimes you just need something stronger, like for instance, after everyone has swine flu in your house.)

We also had a trip to the doctor, always a good time. The kids were finally feeling better but then they seemed to get worse again. Apparently, the most common side effects our pediatrician has been seeing in kids after having the flu is ear infections and pneumonia. Yup, we got those...yes, both of them. My poor kids, especially Alexa...she got hit hard on this one. But we are on some meds and everyone seems to finally be getting better. I am really hoping that once you get this stuff you are less likely to get it again, other wise this could be a long winter!

Anyhoo, what I really wanted to say is that we are still alive. I feel like I haven't updated in years (4 days actually, but it feels like a long time.) So I hope you didn't forget about us. You couldn't do that, could you!?! :)

Also, we had Alexa's birthday party on Friday and it went great! She had so much fun and and was so excited about everything. Man, I love that girl. Anyway, I will be getting around the pictures soon and posting them later. You're just going to have to hold your horses, k? :)

Until then I have some more cleaning to do. I love having people over and hosting parties but I have to say, I don't enjoy all the cleaning before and after. At least I have some extra hands around here to put to work. Braden....he's on dishes duty!

10 comments:

Jen said...

I am so sorry that your kids are sick again. I was thinking that might be what was going on, added a comment about it to your last post. We won't forget about you. Missed your posts and glad to see your back. LOVE that pic of Braden in the dishwasher, that is priceless! I am a huge fan of lysol too. Makes me feel so good when my house smells like that. I will continue to pray for ALL of you! can't wait to see the pics from the party! Hang in there and enjoy your party today.

Katrina said...

I haven't forgotten about you!! :) So glad everyone is feeling better. Happy Birthday to Alexa!
Don't feel bad about the Lysol-- I actually just bought a mini size of it to put in my purse so I can disinfect in public. People laugh. I just say you can never be too prepared. :)

Bethany said...

I hear you on the lysol. I'm really trying to be more healthy in my cleaning but something about having the chemicals makes it feel cleaner...even if it's not.

I'm glad Alexa had a good party. And hopefully you all will feel better soon. I know my nephew got pneumonia after their H1N1 flue bout. I feel so bad for him. He's a got pretty bad asthma. Praying for you all.

He & Me + 3 said...

I am so glad to hear that everyone is on the mend and feeling better. THat is some bad stuff. We have fevers over here. Trying to feel better. I have a feeling it is going to be a long winter too. Actress had only 8 kids in her class last week. That means that 16 were out sick. Yikes.
Glad you are back and can't wait to see the pictures. Love that you have the cutest helper.

Kathryn said...

im doing the lysol dance to.. kids seem like they are getting better.. i just found out that my brother and his wife have swine flu now.. this sucks!

Anonymous said...

Aw. Sorry everyone is sick! Hopefully things clear up fast! :)

Stephanie said...

Hubbys been sick around here but I'd much rather him or I have the flu then the kids be sick. And I've used almost an entire can of Lysol in 3 days :) so we should buy stock! Glad everyone is starting to feel better around your place!

I love your dish help!!!!

PotterMama said...

Everyone is sick! Im glad to hear you guys are on the track of getting better. That reminds me of the walgreens commercial about getting well soon and staying well always. lol.
Can't wait to see pics from Alexa's birthday party. I love throwing little parties! And, my addy loves getting into the dishwasher like that, im just afraid one day she'll break it. lol

rachel said...

it does feel like a looooong time since your last post! hard to believe it's only been 4 days. i checked a couple of times and was surprised not to see an update.

so, seriously, ear infections AND pneumonia?! or did i misunderstand? that is CRAZY! i am glad everyone was well enough for a Friday par.tay though! :)

Mrs. B said...

SO super glad that everyone is healthy again! whew! you were *terribly* missed in the social networking world and this girl is glad you're back! and i love your little helper, that is so sweet!