CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 5, 2009

Baking = Not my specialty

This weekend was wet and cold. We were suppose to go to the pumpkin patch but didn't. We wanted to go play outside but didn't do that either. So Matt and Alexa had this fabulous idea to make some Halloween cookies. What a great fun idea! So what do I do? What any other wonderful mother would do and ran to the grocery store and bought a package of (oh so delicious) premade, prerolled Halloween cookies AND some pink icing...requested by you know who. So I slaved over the hot stove making them and when Alexa woke up from her nap she and Matt decorated them.

Oh the concentration is amazing here...

Isn't this what everyones Halloween cookies look like? Even if they're not, they still were good and between the four of us we managed to eat almost the entire package in two days...must have been the pink frosting. :)

11 comments:

Mrs. B said...

those look absolutely adorable (and delish)! miss alexa looks pretty serious about the icing, too-so cute!! we just picked up some halloween cookies the other day and i am SO PUMPED to get those bad boys in the oven. (you wouldn't mind if i totally copied your idea and did a post about it, would you!? it's just such a cute post!)

Katrina said...

Those sugar cookies are the best. They look pretty good with all that pink as well!

P.S. Alexa looks adorable with her tongue sticking out in concentration.

Laura said...

Yeah the tongue picture was pretty funny, she was getting serious! :)
Of course you can Shannon!! :)

Bethany said...

Fun! I don't bother with cooking them. I just eat the dough. :)

The pink frosting totally made them though. Alexa has great taste.

Sonya said...

They look good to me!

Jen said...

Oh...this is so something I would do. If I remember right, you like to cook more than bake (Like Me :) ). The cookies turned out great and I bet they tasted good. I always told myself, to make me feel better, that it was better to do this kind of baking, that way my girls didn't get frustated waiting for the cookies to bake, cool, you know...
:)

Amanda said...

They look perfect to me!! Shes a natural!

Blessings-
Amanda

He & Me + 3 said...

They do look so yummy. I am not a baker or a cook...I just like to eat. LOL I love the pink frosting. Nice touch:) She did a great job!

Uncle Phill said...

Is that like, readywhip frosting?

Laura said...

Phil, I have no idea!! Probably something you really shouldn't eat though! :)

Gramma said...

Baby Girl...You are an AWESOME DECORATER!!! And the tongue thing ALWAYS helps... :O)