CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 12, 2009

For the love of Marshmallows

Yesterday was an exhausting day for me. I sat at the kitchen table for hours carving pumpkins. Seriously...cutting, tracing, scraping, drawing, cutting some more. My arm is killing me!

Okay, I can't lie to you sweet people any longer. I was in no part involved in the carving process, just the picking out cute faces to trace part. The man behind all the action was this guy...

Poor Matt had to clean out and carve 4 huge pumpkins all by himself. I would have helped but you know someone had to keep the littlest one entertain, so unfortunately I just wasn't able to get my hands dirty. Darn.

So he did get a little bit of help. Oh wait, is that Braden? What is he doing there, he is suppose to be keeping me busy so I didn't have to get my hands all full of pumpkin guts. Wooopsie. :)

Alexa helped out a tad too. Here she is "touching" the pumpkin. HA! I swear I am really not trying to turn her into a girly girl....I did ask her if she wanted me to touch first and she said she still wouldn't do it. So there ya go, not my fault. :)

Quick, get a picture....SHE TOUCHED IT!!

But mostly she sat and kept Daddy entertained while hard at work, which I think he really enjoyed! And, yes, those are wings she is wearing. Doesn't everyone wear their butterfly wings (upside down I might add) while carving pumpkins? No? Well don't tell her that, she would be devastated! :)


While not taking pictures I sat and drank my hot cocoa...since there was SNOW outside!! Crazy!

With extra marshmallows, of course.

And I thought, "hey, do you think the kids might like marshmallows?"

Do I even need to go there for ya'll? Needless to say, they were a hit.


There you have it. You are going to have to wait to see the outcome of the day though! Not because I think it's funny to leave you in such suspense (HA), but just because I didn't really get very good pictures of them and there is already way too many pictures in this post anyway, don't you think? :)

P.S. Do you keep the seeds and bake them? I asked Matt if we should keep them since there was probably about 9 million of them or something like that, but he said he tried them one time and they were gross. I don't think I have ever tried a pumpkin seed. Do you put anything on them? Salt? I don't know...

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Lots of people do and like them lots... I am not one of them.

Into the ole garbage for me.

What a fun day!!!

I think I have had 78 cups of cocoa since last week. AHHH!!

(its like redbull for me!)

Later girl-
Amanda

He & Me + 3 said...

WE totally cook them and we love them. YUM. Lots of salt. We soak them in salt water before that too. Cute pictures, I look forward to seeing the finished pumpkins.

Bethany said...

Can I come have hot chocolate with you? And how on earth do you keep hot chocolate stains out of your kids clothes? I have so many ruined kids shirts from that one delightful yet destructive drink.

I can't wait to see the pictures of the pumpkins. Did you get your new camera yet?

Carma Sez said...

I've had the seeds in the past and they tend to come out sorta chewy; stick to hot chocolate with a gazillion marshmallows - much tastier :D

Sonya said...

looks like so much fun! I love marshmallows who doesn't right!!! :) I bake our seeds with a bit of salt and sometimes cumin. The ones that you can buy at the store seem to taste better though.

Jen said...

Very cute post with cute pictures, and I don't think there can ever be too many pictures on anyone's blog. Yeah to the hot chocolate with the marshmellows. One of my favorite comfort foods, reminds me I need to make mine, I have a recipe with powdered milk, non dairy creamer, nestle quik and a few other things...it's wonderful. Lately I have been on a hot apple cider kick.

Oh, and my husband does the pumpkins too, with our girls. I over see/take pictures. We bake our seeds, we love them. Can't wait to see the end results of the carving, and hear what you did about the seeds.

Sarah said...

Oooh, fun! I can't wait till we get a chance to get pumpkins! We were going to go on Sunday and it didn't work out and now we are going out of town this weekend. So hopefully next weekend!! I love love love pumpkin seeds! We soak them in salt water and then also salt them before baking them. They are delish. I personally don't like the store bought ones.

Mrs. B said...

i think that this post makes it official: you all are seriously the most adorable (and most FUN!) family around. love the pictures, love the marshmellows and LOVE the upside down butterfly wings! yay for pumpkin carving! we were planning to go to the pumpkin patch today, but chicken'd out due to the snow. :( another day, maybe...

Uncle Phill said...

Looks like you dudes found some dandies there. Ash can tell you how to roast seeds. I dig em, but they are a lot of work to eat if you don't like to chew through the shells.

Unknown said...

What cute pictures and kids! I found a recipe for the seeds if you'd like it. Let me know if you haven't already tossed 'em.

It's kind of exciting to move to a new season isn't it? New things to do and with the holidays coming we can make new traditions!

We have yet to get to the pumpkin patch!

Oh, love the "wings"!

PotterMama said...

Ugh! Im jealous. You are so on top of everything! All we've done for halloween is color some pumpkins and ghost's and hang them on the door! We are however, going to the pumpkin patch on thursday!