CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Every Princess needs a Party

Last Friday we had Alexa's 3rd birthday party. He request was: Princess. I saw it coming a mile away so I was way ahead of her and had already been planning. Alexa had SO much fun and it was cool watching her get into the whole birthday thing. She waited for her guests, actually opened her own presents this year and was straight up giddy when everyone sang Happy Birthday to her...it was great! We had a lot of friends and family missing though because of being sick which was a bummer, but we still had an awesome time!

We kept changing the menu and at the last minute we decided on hamburgers and hot dogs. Of course it ended up raining so poor Matt had to grill out on the wet deck. Don't feel too bad for him though, I think he secretly liked it...any reason to wear his "duck camo" makes him happy.

Alexa could not wait to open her presents, and somehow people seemed to know that she loved Princesses so we had a living room full of princess stuff. :) She was so cute, she kept handing me the cards saying "Who's this one from? Can I open it now?" She's so spoiled by her grandparents and aunts and uncles!


One present was a trunk full dress up clothes so after she was done opening gifts there was lots of princesses running around. Even Braden joined in the fun thanks to his Auntie Lisa.

Alexa was so unbelievably excited about her cake that she picked out. She could not stop smiling and laughing when we sang to her...she was way too cute.


And of course the Monday morning she woke up and found that her 'balloon fairy' had come and left her lots of pink balloons. She kept saying "My balloon fairy godmother came!"


Happy Birthday Little Princess!!

13 comments:

Kylee said...

Hi there!
I saw you left a comment on my blog a (long) while back. Thanks so much for taking the time to do that, and for the sweet encouraging words.

Your kids are precious. Happy birthday to your little girl!!

Unknown said...

I love the balloons and the trunk idea! I might have to do something like that too!

Deanna said...

Alexa looked like she was having a blast and olivia didn't want to leave. So sorry that I couldn't stay longer!!

Stephanie said...

What an awesome birthday! I absolutely love the balloon idea..that's the coolest thing for a little girl to wake up to.

Katrina said...

I love all the balloons!! That's definitely something she will never ever forget! She's the cutest little princess. :)

Mrs. B said...

now i am even *more* sad that we missed it! look @ how happy she is! it most certainly looks like a party fit for a princess and she deserves it! ps. you are just the coolest. the balloons!? yep, you're the coolest. oh *and* i love the picture collages! very cool.

Jen said...

that is exactly what every little princess deserves for their birthday. The pics are great. Love that birthday tee, did you make that? I LOVE the balloon idea, I have never heard of that or thought of that. That is too cool! and, what is it about men and camo???? It looks like the party was wonderful, great job. I am sure she'll never forget her 3rd birthday! She's a lucky girl.

Amanda said...

What a perfect princess day!!! Love all the wonderful pictures!!

Blessings-
Amanda

Sonya said...

how cute! it looks like she had an awesome birthday party!!

Bethany said...

It looks like the perfect day for a three year old princess. What a cutie!

How did you do those cute collages? I cannot find a good layout yet. But I'm lovin' yours.

Jennifer Haas said...

What a fun party. I bet she loved all those dress up clothes. I love the name Alexa too, if we ever have a girl that is one of my choices for a name.

Thanks for visiting my blag again and I hope you can join in next week on 'Things Kids Say', I cannot wait to read!

He & Me + 3 said...

I remember the princess days...Those were so fun. The expressions on Alexa's face say it all. The best Birthday ever. So cute. I love the collages and her cake is adorable. She did a great job picking it out. Just precious!

Michelle M. said...

What an awesome birthday!!

My little lady would love that. I think I might steal your balloon idea :)