CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Build and Grow

If you live near a Lowe's you really should take your young kids there for a building workshop. I don't know if they are all the same but the one by us is every 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month at 10:00am. They give every kid an apron to wear (and keep) and at each session they have several different things that you can pick to build. Alexa has built a toolbox, a time capsule, a jewelry box, a flower pot and many other things. They also usually have seasonal things to build around Halloween, Christmas, etc. And after you finish each project they give you a little patch that coordinates with what you built that can be sewn on to your apron...we've seen some kids with just tons of them, it's so cute!

I'm not sure what the "recommended" ages are for this but Matt started taking Alexa when she turned two and even that young she really enjoyed it and actually could participate in the building too. I just think this is such a great thing to do with your kids. Mostly Matt takes Alexa so it's just an awesome way for them to hang out by themselves and do something different and fun. Also, Alexa always get so excited about what she made and can't wait to show me and anyone else she can. It's just all around a really fun thing for kids and their parents!

Here's Matt and Alexa getting ready to leave this past weekend.

This session had a special appearance by a local fireman and a fire truck. So the kids got to build their own little fire truck and then they got to visit with the fireman and sit in the truck. They also got a bunch of fun stuff...hats, tattoos, stickers, coloring books, etc.



9 comments:

Katrina said...

We must be on the same wavelength. I was just reading about these Build & Grow sessions at Lowe's. I'll definitely be taking Aidyn to the next one!

Alexa looks adorable in her apron and fireman's hat! :)

Bethany said...

I keep thinking I'm going to check this out. I need to go do it. Cute pictures. I love the daddy/daughter bonding going on.

He & Me + 3 said...

I saw that at our local Lowes. I really need to take Stunt Man. I know he would love it. Cute pictures. What a fun time for them.

Jen said...

How neat. No Lowes near me, but my girls did get to do this once when we happened into a Lowes on vacation in Georgia. they had a lot of fun. Have fun on those Saturday projects.

Amanda said...

We go to Home Depot... but they only do it the first Saturday of the month. Colton LOVES it!!

Great pictures!
Is Matt also good at photography??!?!

God bless-
Amanda

Uncle Phill said...

Cool! Indeed, Bayport's Firemen and Rescue Riders are good peoples!

Michelle M. said...

I've been wanting my hubby to take our son to that, but it seems like we are always busy. We'll keep trying though; it looks like so much fun!

Unknown said...

I must remember to do this! Which one do you go to? Well, actually you did say your husband does this. Well, I know I'll recocnize Alexa!

Sonya said...

This looks like so much fun. I am going to have to keep this in mind when Lauren gets a bit older. She is intrigued by everything and this would be right up her alley.