CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 6, 2009

Relaxing Day at the Lake

Yesterday was a beautiful day so we decided to head up to my parents house for some relaxing by the lake. We packed up our bags, made a pit stop to pick up some bait for fishing and we on the road. We ran into Wal-Mart to pick up a few things and bought a new Dora fishing pole for Alexa, she was SO excited about it. She told everyone on the way out of the store "This is my new fishing pole, it has a turny thing and I'm going to Gramma's house to fish!" She couldn't wait! So Daddy took her out right away when we got there and he said she loved it, even though no fish were caught. Being the dependant girl she is she kept telling Matt that she wanted to do it herself. A two year old throwing around a fishing pole with a hook on it herself, sounds interesting. I'm just happy no one ended up falling in!

After she had enough fishing Matt and I decided to take her for a paddle boat ride, which was also a big hit! I think (as long as Grampa and Gramma haven't snuck her out and didn't tell me, which is a good possibility) that this was her first time actually going out on the lake.


Braden stayed back with Gramma and Auntie Alaina and tried eating rocks.

Auntie Alaina and Braden

Braden giving Daddy "fives"
He getting to be such a big boy!

After fishing and playing around Alexa wanted to go out on the big boat and go swimming. We were getting ready when we noticed that the neighbor's grand kids were over and decided to play with them instead. They had so much fun with the big blow up water slide.

And jumping on the trampoline.


After grilling out for supper we packed back up and went home. I think it was a pretty successful day of fun. The kids were exhausted and even slept past 6:30 this morning...that means they must have been really tired!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Sounds like so much fun. All the lakes around here are pretty gross. I love going north and seeing all the nice lakes with "clean" water.

Are you serious about 6:30? I don't know how you do it!

He & Me + 3 said...

What a fun time. I sure wish my parents or anyone I knew had a lake house to hang out at.

Kathryn said...

how nice!! glad you guys had fun!! i love water!!