CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Waterpark Capitol of the World

A couple weeks ago we went on a little getaway to WI Dells.  (It seems like forever ago but I wanted to post pics anyway.)  We have been going at least once a year for the past few years and it is by far one of our favorite vacations we take!  It is so much fun watching the kids, they get so excited and just love every minute of it.  Alexa had so much fun this year.  Many of the big water slides require that you be 42 inches to ride and she cleared that by a couple inches this year.  I was pretty surprised by all the stuff she did...anything she could go on, she did.  She is definitely our thrill seeker child!

There's a lot of pictures on this post and they also aren't very good quality at all.  I only took our little point and shoot knowing that I wouldn't take our big camera with us anywhere because I wasn't going to leave it with our stuff while we were off playing.  I missed the nice camera though, it would have taken such better pictures.  Oh well.

First of all I have to show you our "hotel room."  If you are ever going anywhere where you are staying at a resort of hotel you should check out Craigslist.  We found this place though a timeshare thingy on there and we barely paid more than we would have for a 2 queen bed hotel room.  We had an entire 2 bedroom suite, it was awesome!

Here's just part of our master bathroom.  I could have just stayed in there the whole time!


Here's the kitchen, fully equipped with everything we needed.  It's nice to be able to bring all the food you'll need and cook right there instead of going out for every meal.



And the living room...the door on the left goes to the big balcony.  Seriously, check out Craigslist...good deals!!



This pretty much sums up Alexa the whole time we were there, she couldn't get enough water park fun.





Matt took Alexa up to go on these slides and as I was watching people come down I kept thinking that I should quick run up and stop her because I didn't think she would like it (you had to lay on your stomach and people were getting water sprayed all over their faces on the way down) and as I kept thinking that all the sudden I hear some kid squealing the whole way down...yup, it was her.  She loved it and wanted to go over and over.





Braden was happy watching for the most part.  Definitely our less daring child (for now) he liked floating around the two story lazy river and going down the little slides with me.  He had a blast!  I just had so much fun watching them both get so excited about everything the whole week, it was so cute!









Every time we go to the Dells we go out to eat one night and the past couple years it has been to Buffalo Phil's.  They have train tracks running through the whole place and they actually deliver your food on the little trains.  Alexa though it was so cool to take her own drink off of the train when it stopped at our table.  When they weren't delivering food they would drive the trains around with different characters or fun stuff on them, all the kids there loved watching them...what a fun job for the cooks, we were sitting right behind the wall from them and you could hear them laughing at times!







And at night when we were all watered out there was a huge 3 story indoor climbing thing, the kids spent hours in there running around.



13 comments:

TheFitHousewife said...

That looks like so much fun! And what a great place you stayed at! Wonderful pictures too. I bet they slept really well at night!

Lourie said...

We went to a time share last month with my cousin and his family. It was a blast. We just swam all weekend. And what are you talking about, the pictures are great! Love those sweet smiles.

Kerri said...

I was on Jen's blog and saw your title (H2O capital of the world) and I just had to click on and see if you were talking about the Dells! Growing up my aunt and uncle lived in WI and we would always go there. I keep telling my husband that we need to take our son there...he loves the water! Thanks for the Craigslist tip ( I never check there!) your place looks soooooo NICE!!!

Carrie said...

Sure looks like you all had a fabulous time! That Buffalo Phils sound like a fun place. My kids would love it, I am sure! Would have never thought of checking on craigslist for a room. May have to check into that!! Thanks for sharing :)

CM said...

Wow, that room is fabulous! Seriously, email me the info!

How fun! And that's awesome that Alexa was big enough this year. Can you imagine the day you can let both of them just go by themselves??? Won't that be the best! Glad you guys had a good time.

Mama M. said...

Okay...wow! I totally need to get to the Dells...can you believe we've never been?!

You're kiddos are getting so big! Hope you had a great summer...I need to pick up my blog reading a little more!

Kathryn said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!! i love anything that has to do with water! lol.. so where on craigslist did you go? what section did you find it?

Gramma said...

I DO believe that Gramma needs to go with you next year...I can Grandbaby sit while you and Matt have some ALONE time. (Besides, I think I need to go down some of those slides with Alexa :)
It looks like you sure did have a nice place...SO glad you had such a great time!!!

Jolene said...

So fun! Love the Dells!!!!

Carma Sez said...

interesting. I would not have thought to look on craigslist for a place to stay. Of course, with my paranoia I'd be thinking it is a con and there will be an axe murderer waiting for us...

What a fun family trip. You are such a cute family :)

Seizing My Day said...

Wow awesome room!! I would never have thought to look at craigslist!! my kids hated water/water parks at that age! just this summer they conquered water fears and learned to swim! at age 8 & 10! Looks like a great place to play!!

Seizing My Day said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonya said...

That place looks amazing!!!