CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Flip flops = No good

This past Thursday after dinner we all went out for a walk. I'm not even kidding, less than 10 feet past our driveway Alexa goes running and trips and falls....FLAT.ON.HER.FACE! It was one of those moments where a mom's heart drops in her stomach. I don't think she laid there for more than a 1/10 of a second before I grabbed her and ran to the grass and just buried her face in my chest. I was SO scared to look at her and see the damage, and of course she was crying so hard. I can't even imagine what we looked like, here's a little synopsis...

Alexa: Screaming

Me: "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, NO NO NO" While holding her head in my shirt.

Matt: "Let me see her, give her here, let me see her face!"

Me: "NO NO NO OH MY GOSH!!"

Alexa: More crying

Thinking back we probably looked a little crazy, maybe.

When it was all said and done and we finally got a look at the damage it wasn't nearly as bad as we thought it was going to be. First of all she landed on her hands and knees first before face planting (in the middle of the road) and there was no scrapes or anything! And considering we both heard her face hit it really ended up not being too bad. She has a nice little scrape on her nose and a few little ones along with a bruise on her forehead.

What a little trooper she was, we went it and cleaned her up (with TWO Dora band aids) and then went back outside to play. She has been showing everyone her "owies" and telling the traumatic story to anyone who will listen.

Moral of the story: no flip flops while out running. (Which we should have known before, this is her first summer wearing flips flops so she is still getting used to them....now we know.) Also, no matter how bad my kids get hurt I think I will always take it harder than them.

The next day we went up to Gramma's house and man does Alexa know how to get sympathy. I left for 10 minutes and come back to find her with a box of band aids doing this:




She also now has 3 new pair of sandals, no flip flops.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

oh my gosh! so sad! i am so worried about lauren because she is so clumbsy! those picts are so cute!!

Uncle Phill said...

Oh is that what was going on there. Mom sent me that last picture a couple days ago. You can't see her nose is scuffed up, so was sitting here going....What's with the band-aids dude?? lol. Poor lil' Punkin' Pie.