CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Why We Might Not Be Sleeping This Weekend

Last week we ordered Braden's new Big Boy furniture for his room.  I was secretly hoping it would take a month or two (or six) to come, but nope, lucky us it's in and ready to be picked up.  I am dreading this transition for so many reasons.

First of all, HE'S MY BABY!  I just feel like I'm not ready for him to get bigger and somehow if he stays in the crib he will stay little.
(It should totally work that way.  I would have 3 cribs in this house if it did.)

Second, I don't think he's going to be all that excited about the move. He has been very anti-big boy lately and has even told us he likes his crib and doesn't want a big bed.  Yeah, that was our first clue.

But alas, all good things must come to an end.  A lot of people have commented that we need to do it before the next one comes so he doesn't feel like the baby is taking it away from him and all that kind of logical stuff.  That's definitely a good reason but really, our kids are in our room for a good six months or more so keeping him in the crib for awhile after the baby is born is not a big deal. 

I think this might be a better reason to upgrade...


(Please ignore the chewed up railings, that would be from our sweet little girl who had a major fascination with eating the crib.)


Seriously this is where he sleep every single night.  Most nights he's on his tummy with his legs all squished up under him but he is almost always laying the short way and all the way to one side.  The boy needs to be forced to stretch out a little bit! 

This weekend is the weekend.  Wish us luck.

13 comments:

Amy said...

Oooh, that transition is not an easy one. Good luck! And I have to say, he looks absolutely adorable, but yes, that would be a good clue that he is ready to move on.

Mike and Katie said...

Amanda chewed on her rails too. I ended up wrapping them with fabric because the crib sheil I had didn't work one the end rails. Funny kids! I hope it goes well this weekend.

Helga said...

Kobe used to sleep like this in his crib a lot :) When I transitioned Kobe into his big boy bed it wasn't a problem, he actually was really happy to go to bed. He wasn't happy when I took the crib down but I made it into a really exciting process when putting his new bed up.

Good luck :)

Pennie said...

This cracked me up!

Yep, I think it's time...these pictures are precious!

Good luck, Laura! You may be surprised...once he sees how "cool" the new bed is, he may be okay with it...maybe???

Bethany said...

Those pictures are too funny! I love the sidewise sleeping. I've never heard of another baby doing that. Braden is so innovative. :)
I hope this weekend goes well. And if it doesn't, like you said, you've got several months to work on it. We had to do that with Ty and it was no big deal. He never felt "displaced". I think it actually worked better letting him go back and forth between crib and bed for awhile. His room was sure crowded - maybe he just wanted room to play again. :)

TheFitHousewife said...

HAHAHA...yep, I think it's time! We just switched Ben to a big boy bed too! We had to sell the crib before we moved. We didn't even tell him, we just did it and he didn't seem to mind. He doesn't even get out of the bed!! Good luck with the transition :)

Unknown said...

Good luck! We'll be in the same boat in about a month or two. :)

And my oh my, those are some cute jammies! We love firetruck jammies!

Lourie said...

I can totally see him laying short ways on his big boy bed with his legs up on the wall! haha.

CM said...

Hahaha! That is too cute!

I haven't blogged about it yet, but we moved Cubbie out of his crib two weeks ago. We bought a bunk bed for the boys. I am still struggling with getting them to go to sleep and not mess around now that they are in the same bedroom. Also, Cubbie does sneak out of his bed occasionally. But once he's asleep, he's pretty good for the night.

Good luck. Can't wait to see pics of the big boy bed!

CM said...

Oh and I had a crib rail chew-er too!

Seizing My Day said...

Way too cute!! Sammy's legs were always hanging out of the crib railings!! I hated taking my babies out of the crib... it was SO sad!! =) Hope your transition goes smoothly!!

Unknown said...

Awwww good luck!! I think his sleeping position actually looks comfortable haha. I'm a little jealous my bed doesn't have an option to elevate my legs. ;)

Mama M. said...

Yikes...good luck! That trasition, for us, ruined our baby! Although, I guess it did turn her into the world's snuggliest baby...but she has to snuggle in OUR bed.

Oh well, guess there could be worse things!

Good luck!