CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Flashback Friday

It's almost time for the MN State Fair! YAY!
You want to know how I know this (besides the fact that it is the same 10 days before Labor Day every year) - because Kare 11 started their really annoying State Fair jingle that plays about every other commercial. If you live in MN you know what I mean! :)

Anyway, I don't know why I always get so excited about the fair it's not like we participate in anything there or go for any specific reason (besides cheese curds of course) but it's just one of our traditions we like to do. I think we have gone every year for the past 4 years and we plan on taking the kids every year until they just won't go with us anymore! :) Things we don't pass up there include, but are not limited to, cheese curds, corn on the cob, ice cream (needless to say the healthy eating goes out the door for the day), the horribly smelly barns, the big slide and (now that the kids are older) the kiddie rides.

Last year on the rides.


This is usually how we finish the day. If only we could all crawl in there! :)

And of course last year was Braden's first time there at a whole 2 weeks old.

Does everyone have a state fair? Is it a big deal? I know every time we go it is just packed, some areas are hard to even move around in especially with a stroller!

7 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I wish we went every year...but there are other festivals and street fairs that we attend religiously and love. That state fair looks fun. Braden is so cute and little.

Carma Sez said...

cheese curds? Is that a tasty treat - never heard of them; I have heard of cheese balls though - and what a missed opportunity with the 8 pairs of cheesy hands at the party :-( maybe the next party??

Amanda said...

Can you believe that carma has never heard of cheese curds!! We gotta bring her some.

I sure we can get out there this year! I have been to like one fair in my whole life and now I have gone to like 8 this summer alone!!

Love that pic of baby Braden... SOOOOO scrumptious!

Blessings-
Amanda

Bethany said...

You were unfairly skinny two weeks after having a baby. I can't wait to see this years pictures. Will Braden get to taste any of the fun stuff?

Sonya said...

That is a fun tradition to have! and you can't go wrong with cheese curds!!!

We dont go to the state fair very often. Actually I haven't been since I was a kid. But there is a local festival that we go to. I can't wait. It is in the middle of September and I get to watch my brother team rope at the rodeo!!!

Mike and Katie said...

do we have the best husbands in the world or what?

everything arrived safe and sound! thank you!

Mrs. B said...

i can't believe it's already that time of year! yikes! i doubt that the mr. and i will brave it this year, but you can seriously never go wrong with food of any kind on a stick. HAVE FUN!