CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 6, 2011

Callie - 2 Months

Thank you for all the sweet comments on my last post!  I feel like I came off a little bitter and I really didn't mean to, I usually try to have a much better attitude about the whole thing.  I know people mean well when they talk about Callie in her harness and I definitely know I have said the same thing to other people in similar situations.  I guess some days I just have a harder time than others.  (I will have to remember to blog more on the better days.) :) Not that I don't want to share my honest feelings, I plan to continue doing that but I just don't want to sound ungrateful when people are just trying to be supportive.  We are very thankful for all the support!!

On to the fun stuff...

Callie's first bottle.
Since Braden never took a bottle we wonder if we missed our opportunity with him because we didn't try to give him one until he was almost 3 months.  So we decided we would try a little earlier with Callie and see what she would do.  I pumped and put it in a bottle and Matt fed her.  She had absolutely no problems with it!  She finished the whole thing in just a couple minutes.  We were laughing so hard because she finished, Matt burped her and she instantly fell asleep on his shoulder.  It must have been hard work! :)


I really wasn't too worried if she would use a bottle or not since I am home, but now that she has the harness on and isn't suppose to be in her car seat for long periods of time it's nice to be able to run to the grocery store or wherever by myself and know that if she gets hungry Matt will be able to give her a bottle.  I'm also happy to know that all the milk I have pumped will get used!


Callie has also become quite the smiley girl!  She started giving little smiles around a month but they were so random.  Now we can actually sit and talk to her and she will smile at us.  I forgot how much fun it is when they start doing all this new stuff!  Is there anything better than a cute little baby giving you big huge smiles!?


2 Months


*Still loves baths (Probably even more now that that is the only time she is out of her harness!)
*Loves to be held.  Thank goodness for slings and Baby Bjorns!
*Has been sleeping GREAT!  She slept through the night (9pm-6am) last week (May 30th) and has done a few 8 hour stretches since then too.
*Usually naps in the swing or on the couch...or in my arms. :)
*Loves watching Alexa and Braden talk to her.
*Just moved up to size 2 diapers (after a few too many blowouts it was time!)
*Likes to be rocked.
*Is trying to be a thumb sucker, but thankfully she is not very good at it. :) (I think it's adorable when babies suck their thumbs but not so much a 3 year old and since I can't take her thumbs away I'm just hoping it doesn't become a habit.)

We go in for her 2 month check this Thursday and back to Gillette for an ultrasound on Friday...hoping for some good news!!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Adorable! I am glad she will take a bottle for you, we missed that mark with both of my girls and they wouldn't take bottles till 8 and 10 months old.
I hope the apt. goes well!

Unknown said...

So love the photo of Matt & Callie in the baby bjorn. So adorable!

She's a doll!

TheFitHousewife said...

She is just too cute for words!

CM said...

The pic of her asleep on your hubby's shoulder is so precious! Just look at her beautiful blue eyes!

Uncle Phill said...

<3

Bethany said...

She is so cute! I love all the picture of her and Matt. I need to see more of the two of you. :) I was hoping you'd still be able to sling/ carry her. That makes life so much easier. Especially since she loves being held so much. Isn't it funny how we think one is so hard and by our third we can adapt so well?

For the record, I didn't think you sounded bitter at all. Just sad. It hurts when you have to hear the "wrong" thing repeatedly. I'll keep praying for an extra measure of grace to cover you.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh....those cheeks.....they are so dang adorable!!!!!! :)