I love egg bake!
It has to be a really good one though.
This one is a really good one.
I got this recipe from my mom, same place I get most of my recipes.
I'm not sure where she got it though so you can just thank her. :)
Ham 'n Cheese Omelet Bake
1 (10 oz) box Green Giant Frozen Broccoli & Cheese Flavored Sauce
1 (10.2 oz) can (5 biscuits) Pillsbury Grands Refrigerated Original Biscuits
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
Salt and pepper if desired
2 cups diced cooked ham
1/3 cup chopped onion
4 oz (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
4 oz (1 cup) shredded Swiss cheese
1 (4.5 oz) sliced mushrooms, drained
(Note: We use the 8 biscuit packages instead of 5 and a dozen eggs instead of 10. Also I have used all different kinds of shredded cheeses, they all taste good. And one more thing, I don't use the broccoli and cheese thing because I am not a broccoli fan but my mom has made it that way and it was still good! Oh yeah and I don't add the onion either.) I'm not a big recipe follower, can you tell!? :)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut a small slip in center of broccoli and cheese sauce pouch. Microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating pouch 1/4 turn once halfway through microwaving. Set aside to cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, spray bottom only of a 13x9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Separate dough into 5 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 9 pieces; arrange evenly in sprayed dish.
(These biscuits looked weird, I accidentally grabbed some butter flavor kind. Still turned out good though!)
3. In large bowl, beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper with a wire whisk until well blended. Stir in ham, onion, both cheeses, mushrooms and cooked broccoli and cheese sauce.
4. Pour mixture over biscuit pieces in dish. Press down with the back of a spoon making sure all biscuit pieces are covered with the egg mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown and center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
It makes a lot but it's also really good reheated. :)