CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Back to Work

My first week back to work went pretty well. I am SO happy that I am only back for 3 days a week because that was long enough! Tuesday and Wednesday the kids got to stay at our house with Gramma so that helped all of us out a lot, I got to call as much as I wanted and talk to them, which I did of course. Thursday was Braden's first day at daycare and it also went very well. He got to meet lots of new friends and play with lots of new stuff. I made sure to peek in on him as much as I could on the cameras and he always seemed to be rolling around doing something different. After 2 phones calls and hearing him talking in the background, I knew he was in good hands. I forgot how fun it was to end a work day and be able to go get them and have a best part of the day. I obviously love being home with them but the smiles and hugs you get when you pick them up after not seeing them all day is so great! Of course I get tons of kisses and hugs all day when I'm home which I miss on those days but picking up Alexa and hearing her say "My girl, I missed you!" and Braden grabbing my face and giving me huge smiles....it's the best! Being a stay at home mom as been wonderful but I am happy to have a little time away to miss them and appreciate them so much more!! And it's even better that I get to have nice long 4 days weekends!

Now I can get excited to come home to this.....

And this...
And this.
Oh, I love them so much!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I am so glad that you are ok! that transition can be hard... I think one thing that makes it easier is being able to trust your kids are being well cared for... and it sounds like you have great care all around!!

Many blessings!
Amanda